The SRE department (impulsed in 2018 with the creation of a dedicated infrastructure dept.) make sure that all products at Lyra are up-n-running 27/4/365 above the SLO.
Integrated into the product teams/developers and working closely with the software architects and tech. leader, our activities starts with the product conception and go all the way to the production delivery and 24/7/365 maintainance. Datacenters infrastructures and delivery pipeline are managed respectively by the infrastructure team and the industrialisation/automation team.
We aim to have the view and global control of our platforms, incorporate automation and simplicity as soon as possible.
Our only objective is to incorporate scalability, reliability, and high availability directly into application development.
We want to encourage good practices and common tools, improve reliability by SLAs / SLOs. — (Source)
Manager and responsible for the IT Operations department including operations engineers
(SRE), infrastructure engineers and cockpit tech.
Perimeter includes 24/7/365 all Lyra FR production (from building continuous integrations to create new datacenters) delivering and securing more than 5 millions payment every day.
Missions include to review projects timelines and assign tasks. Spot conflicts early and resolve. Plan and schedule products and infrastructures deliveries.
Schedule and manage production changes and maintenance accordingly with security officers and tech experts. Secure PCI-DSS certifications. Assure the growth of the department by casting and recruiting new profiles.
Built datacenter. Deployed and installed new hardware/software delivering more than 10 millions transactions to the bank each day (#1 largest French credit card gateway)
Updated design, built and maintained the underlaying architecture for a new innovative e-payment solution launched in the fall of 2009 (#2 largest French PSP as of 2013)
Succesfully passed several PCI-DSS audit and maintained a high-level of compliance.
Relocated two running datacenters to new buildings without any production downtime: planned the entire operation and made it a success.
Designed and installed state of the art clustering technology to add high-availability to web servers, firewalls and proxies.
Deployed a robust log-analysis solution to centralize, store, and process every milions of logs every day
Set up environment for automatic installation and configuration of couple hundreds CentOS servers.
On call a week every month (24/7). Dealt with emergencies and crisis. Solved issues by thinking fast while working in a very critical environment.
Recruit and manage interns.
Create and push new procedures and standards.
Organize and synchronize tasks.
Visited Lyra Brazil (2015) for consultancy mission to speed up various tasks and increase the overall security by bringing HQ procedures and technical solutions.
Visited Lyra India (2014) for consultancy mission to prepare for first PCI-DSS audit and review various technical points.
Visited Lyra India (2012) to deploy new hardware and increase the overall security level. Trained the team on many HQ procedures and technical architectures.
Conducted internal and external penetration tests on severals French firms.
Reviewed results, wrote reports, helped designing new tools to always improve the depth of the audit.
- Team organization
- Scrum, KanBan, ScrumBan
- PCI-DSS audit
- System: Extensive experience with Linux administration (mostly Red-Hat/CentOS) and associated services
- Monitoring: Centreon, ELK, Dynatrace, SSB
- Software engineer: scalability, reliability, and high availability
- Storage: MariaDB, Elastic, nfs
- Configuration: Spacewalk, puppet/foreman, git/gitlab/gitlab-ci
- Clustering: keepalived, oVirt, pacemaker
- Security: Aced seven PCI-DSS audits. Hardening with SELinux
- Network: Strong knowledge of TCP/IP. Good understanding of BGP/OSPF and dynamic routing options.
- Datacenters set-up and management: racks, IP-reports, KVM, PDU... Hardware: Dell, EQL, Compellent, FX2
- Development: Very strong experience in bash. Scripting perl, python. Experiences with C, Java
- Wrote a call-center manager application.
- Wrote a java bittorent client (with ghostleeching capabilities ;).
- Wrote a C99 POP3 client and server both RFC compliants.
- Maintained a Cydia Debian APT repository for jailbroken iPhones.
- Wrote a blog on iPhone jailbreaking. Later sold the blog to mobifrance.com.
- Wrote a Arte.tv video downloader. Been lawyered. Created a discussion on various famous news website — floriancrouzat.net/arte.
- Set up on a personnal dedicated server FTP, SVN, and CalDav access for all students.
- ...And probably a couple other things!